A very rare, collectible BREITLING Ref. 3020 (768)
– men’s aviator wrist watch from the mid-1930s
started making these around 1935 and the early ones have „Montbrillant“
on the dial, the
First ones had nickel chrome casebacks, which
corrodes easily. Later 3020 models have „Breitling“
on the dial and
a stainless steel case back.
2. The pre-1943 watches are marked by
„3020“ inside the caseback.
3. The post-1943 watches are reference
number „768“ and have a serial number, that dates the cases
4. These watches were surely used by pilots of the „Luftwaffe“
– they were for general sale, many pilots bought them.
DIAL: original black dial marked „Breitling“, very
good condition, numerals show complete Radium lume.
plated case with rotating bezel in used condition. Diameter (not
including crown) – 40mm
snap case back – marked inside „3020“.
MOVEMENT: fine manual wind movement, Cal. AS 984 (Adolph Schild),
service in 2007 – watch has been
stored in bank safe – it runs
strong - + 2 seconds / 24h
you will find my offer!